PGC provides an accreditation process for individual promoters, representatives, or agents of Registered Profitable Gifting Arrangements (RPGA) in Canada. This accreditation allows the individual to be known as a Profitable Giving Specialist (PGS) and use the letters PGS after his/her name. Accreditation as a PGS provides a great deal of benefit to the individual promoter. This includes:
- Automatic registration as an Individual Member of PGC (no additional fee)
- Access to the Regulatory Forums for program information and peer support
- Protection from personal liability
- Preferred access to the Universal Participant Protection Fund (UPPF).
- Listing in our verification directory of specialists.
- Some newer programs will only utilize PG Specialists to promote their program.
- PGC will refer inquiring clients only to PG Specialists in their geographical area.
- Continuity of support from an organization dedicated to its members.
- Access to a variety of other forums for further education
The process to become a Profitable Giving Specialist involves demonstrating your understanding and proficiency in each of 4 separate areas by testing. In addition, the candidate must certify to our code of ethics and disclose his/her promotional activities.
Annual accreditation, testing , and payment of the fee is required. The law has been changing recently, so it is important to keep up to date. Profitable Giving Specialists are encouraged to volunteer for community service in a Fourth Sector initiative and/or participate on one of the PGC Committees.
We are interested in your feedback of our testing system. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you discover errors, or encounter any problems, or wish to comment on the system. Thank you in advance for your feedback.